This is available for an e-reader or download and will sent from the Eagala staff.
This manual provides a group curriculum for children and adolescents, as well as adults, for a 5-week Eagala Model Equine Assisted Learning program.
Reviewing his cases as a psychologist over a 26-year period, Dr. Magnelli was able to categorize the cases as to presenting problems or issues, realizing that all of of the cases voiced some need of a particular group of emotional health constructs: Respect, Responsibility, Relationship skills, Boundaries, Empathy and Choices and Consequences. The Power Tools for Living provides a program addressing each one of these constructs which leads to improved emotional and behavioral health.
The program has been conducted and researched with hundreds of children from schools and Boys and Girls Club, along with teachers and parents.
This manual provides a comprehensive resource which includes:
- Information on the constructs
- Research findings of the program
- Preparing for the sessions including training your staff
- 5 session group Eagala Model EAL program
- How to present to school administrators and community collaborators
- Parent training workshop along with letters and information provided to parents and school officials
- Various forms and supporting tools and documents
- Click on the bottom image to the right to view the Table of Contents
The program has proven to be very successful both from a research standpoint and from the success with parents, children and community agencies. It has been used with children as young as 5 years old, although ages 8 and up is probably the ideal. Likewise, it has been used as part of parent and teacher training.