Metaphors, Processing & Following the Client, 23 November 2019
Date & Time: Saturday 23 November 2019 Time: 9:30am – 1:30pm
Venue: Equinox in Noordhoek
Cost: R800 (plus $30 if you require Eagala CEU points)
Facilitators: Sarah Garland (Eagala Advanced certified) & Fiona Bromfield
The Equinox Trust is excited to present their 2nd workshop focused on Eagala skills. We will be presenting a workshop for Eagala-certified members focused on metaphors, processing skills and following the client/s. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience in working with different populations and helping clients to link what they learn with the horses to their lives. We are dedicated to enriching your knowledge and sharing our experience to help you in your practice.
The workshop will be 4 hours with a mostly practical focus on the application of the above-mentioned skills. Should you have a specific client/group of clients that you are struggling with in terms of these skills, please send a brief overview of this to us and we will consider using this as a case study example in the workshop.
This workshop can qualify towards your portfolio requirements with Eagala – 1 hour is 1 CEU point (total of 4 points available) through the independent study programme. There is an EXTRA cost to claim CEU points with Eagala at a rate of $7.50 per hour, a total of $30 for this workshop. If you wish to claim these hours you will need to pay the extra amount when booking your spot with us and the amount will be based on the USA to ZAR rate on the day that you pay. Using a workshop for CEU points may only be used as an option for your continuing education hours for certification renewal every other renewal period. So if you claimed CEU points for the last one, you won’t be able to claim for this one. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Please note you are under NO OBLIGATION to claim CEU points with Eagala, you can just attend the workshop without the extra fee.
- Participants will engage with a brief overview of Narrative Therapy as it relates to the Eagala model skills.
- Participants will explore working with metaphorical language in the arena in order to best help their clients.
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of processing with clients, and how to link what has happened with the horses to the clients’ real lives, bringing in the metaphorical side of the model.
- Participants will be able to explore the practical side of following the client’s words and staying in the moment and see the impact this has on deepening the metaphors.
- Participants will be able to explore the impact of external vs internal processing on their clients.
Book by 19 November, payment secures your spot.
Subject to a minimum of 6 bookings and limited to 12.
Contact Sarah on 072 126 1096 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Products and workshops advertised here are the responsibility of the person posting and are not endorsed by Eagala