Meadows Behavioral Healthcare - Equine Specialist - Wickenburg, AZ
Starting rate $20 per hour
* Assists in assessment of patient needs and provides activities for patients that are appropriate to age, development, needs and interest.
* Instructs patients in grooming and horse handling procedures of and equitation skills.
* Documents activity sessions in the patient record.
* Acts to preserve patient safety during activities.
* Communicates with clinical, medical and nursing any change in a Patient’s status, including health or behavior.
* Equine Responsibilities
* Follows horse training procedures to maintain standard equine performance levels necessary to ensure the safety and suitability of horses used in program.
* Monitors health and behavior of horses, reporting any concerns regarding health to the Equine Program Director.
* Cleans stalls and complete other stable maintenance needs as required.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required.
* EAGALA Certification preferred.
* CPR / First Aide and CPI required.
* Minimum of 3 years equestrian experience required.
* Three years’ experience facilitating group equine activities in a patient care setting preferred.
* Three years ‘experience facilitating group recreational activities preferred.
* Three years’ experience in facilitating challenge course activities preferred.
* Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
* Ability to effectively listen, process received information, and express ideas both orally and in writing in English.
* Ability to initiate action, take personal responsibility, suggest improvements, and solve problems within scope of job without being asked.
* Ability to understand and comply with government, regulatory, and company rules.
* Ability to record, report, and maintain confidentiality of information and respond to requests for information.
* Ability to get assigned work done in an acceptable manner, in the time allotted, with minimal prompting or reminders.
In interested or for more information, contact: Elaine.email@example.com