Equine Specialist - Magnolia, Texas
Inspiration Ranch is seeking an Equine Specialist to join our team to provide equine assisted psychotherapy and learning services to children, adolescents, adults, and corporate groups in a healing, ranch-based environment.
We are a 501c-3 nonprofit organization located in Magnolia, Texas. We serve a wide range of populations of people by incorporating horses into experiential, psychotherapeutic sessions. We facilitate all sessions in the Eagala Model.
In every sessions, a team of two professionals, a licensed Mental Health professional and an Equine Specialist, along with participants and horses work together to reach treatment goals. The Equine Specialist helps to maintain physical safety for participants and horses, works with the Mental Health Professional to structure sessions, offers observations of horse behavior, and keeps notes documenting horse behaviors in session.
This is a contracted position with flexible hours that will develop into a salaried position in the future.
- The Equine Specialist must have 6000 hours (equals to approximately 3 years full time work) experience hands-on work with horses.
- Completed at least 100 hours of continuing education in the horse profession. Some of this education needs to include topics covering:
- Ground work
- Horse psychology
- Ability to read horse body language/nonverbal communication
- 40 hrs of continuing education must have been completed in the last 2 years
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children & adolescents
- Commitment to on-going personal & professional development
- Alignment with Inspiration Ranch’s mission, vision and values
- Eagala certification preferred, not required
- Knowledge of the Clean Language modality preferred, not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
- Serve as Equine Specialist in client sessions
- Maintain equine notes for every session
- Collaborate with Mental Health professional in selecting horses for sessions
- Oversee wellbeing and health of horses while in sessions
- Assist Mental Health professional in other areas of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Assisted Learning as needed
Please send cover letter, resume, availability and salary requirements to Anne@inspirationranch.org.
Products and workshops advertised here are the responsibility of the person posting and are not endorsed by Eagala